Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Roast Beef in the Smoker
So I was talking to my brother and asked if I should wrap the beef roast I was going to make in the smoker with bacon. His reply; “Why WOULDN’T you wrap it in bacon?” My brother’s logic is flawless. Making delicious roast beef with your smoker shouldn’t cause you to worry. Like most thick cuts of meat, you will want to smoke it low and slow for the best results. This recipe is pretty strait forward, so just follow our simple step-by-step D.I.Y. steps and you will be enjoying delicious slabs of juicy roast beef by the time the game starts. 🙂
Here we go…. Enjoy!
2.5 lb Beef Round Rump Roast
1 lb Bacon (Thick Cut)
Your Favorite Spices (salt/pepper)
Total prep time: About 60 minutes
Total time in smoker: 4-5 hours
1) Rinse beef with cold water and pat dry with paper towel
2) with your thick cut bacon, make a bacon weave
3) mix salt and pepper together with your favorite seasonings and cover all sides of the roast. Don’t be shy with the spices! We want a nice THICK layer of seasonings for our beef. Allow the seasonings to sit on the meat at room temp for at least 60 minutes before placing in your smoker.
4) Wrap in bacon and place beef roast on rack with the “bacon side” up.
5) smoke on 220-225 F for 4-5 hours (make sure your pan has water, and don’t forget to load your wood) You want the internal temperature to reach 145F. A digital meat thermometer comes in very handy here.
6) Remove from smoker and allow to rest for 15 minutes prior to carving.
We are soooooo thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would enjoy that too…