Stuffing chicken breasts and grilling them is always a good way to change things up when at the tailgating at the game or even just a nice afternoon on your deck. Start with plump chicken breasts and add cheese. Well, that’s pretty standard… so lets notch it up a bit by using sweet pepper and loading it with ham and wrapping that baby with thick cut bacon.
If one type of meat is good… then three would be better… amirite?
Spoiler Alert: Yup. I’m right.
I took several photos, so you should be able follow along with this simple grilling recipe step by step.
YOU WILL NEED:
Large Chicken Breasts
Bacon (thick cut)
Mini Peppers Red/Orange/Yellow (sweet)
Your Favorite Spices (I happen to love Tailgate Master Premium Sports Blends Tears of our Rivals)
Non Stick Grilling Spray
1) Slice up your peppers into thin strips
2) Butterfly Cut the chicken breasts (Place the chicken breast fillets on a clean cutting board. Press and hold the breast down with one hand and with the other use a sharp knife along the long side of the chicken and with a sawing motion. Slice through the breast almost to the end but not all the way (leave 1/2 to 3/4 inch uncut). Then fold it open.
3) Season inside and outside of the meat with spices
4) Place peppers, ham and cheese inside the fold (as much as you can fit) then fold the top breast filet back over the top.
5) Wrap the entire breast with 2-3 strips of bacon
TIP: Coat grill grates with grilling spray or cooking oil to prevent meet from sticking
6) Pre-Heat grill to 350-400 F. Cook over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes (flipping once at the 10 minute mark) Depending on the thickness of your breasts, this process may take 25-30 minutes (DO NOT UNDERCOOK) Internal temperature of thickest part of the chicken should reach 165F
7) Remove from grill and let cool 2 -3 minutes before slicing and serving.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…