Beer Can Bacon Burgers (Monster Tailgate Burgers)October 31, 2016
Beer Can Bacon Burgers (Monster Tailgate Burgers)
I’m sure you have had normal bacon cheese burgers, but these bad boys are full 3/4 pound pound beef mega burgers that are stuffed with whatever you love most. I personally love to add ham, onions, peppers, mushrooms and pepper jack cheese, (and yes… even more bacon) but you are welcome to stuff this monster with the finest meats and cheeses thru-out the land. Some call these “Beer Can Stuffed Bacon Burgers“, but I like to call these “Monster Tailgate Burgers“.
Your guests WILL NOT leave your tailgate hungry… I guarantee it.
3 pounds lean ground beef (it’s what’s for dinner)
1 farm fresh egg
1/2 pound regular cut bacon
1/2 cup oatmeal (or crushed crackers)
1 Tablespoon Tears of our Rivals Premium Sports Blend Seasoning (Linky) <— this stuff is awesome (Read our review)
Large bun or optionally just serve on a plate… ’cause OH MY, that’s big! (twss)
1) Mix beef, egg, oatmeal and seasoning into bowl. Mix well. Form into 3/4 pound balls.
2) Using a full beer can, form beef around can leaving a hollow spot in the middle. Beef should go approx half way up can.
3) Wrap each big ole burger tightly with two strips of bacon, then remove can by sliding it up (non stick spray on the can before smashing burger helps a bit)
4) add your pre-cooked stuffing options
4) pre-heat grill to 350F. Place burgers over indirect heat.
5) grill for 1 hour at 350F make sure to use indirect heat to prevent burning
6) remove from heat and allow to rest for two minutes before serving.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…