BBQ Campfire Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
Everyone likes good food but not everyone wants to pay close attention while making it. Heck… there are pre-game activities going on! AmiRite? If you can relate to that statement, you are going to like the ease of this campfire inspired Hawaiian barbecue chicken recipe. Campfire Hawaiian Chicken is pretty much like making campfire potatoes, and it is OH SO Yummy!
Grab the aluminum foil and follow along.
You will need:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (not frozen)
1 Can Pineapple Slices (15 ounce)
1 Cup Barbecue Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s)*
1 Tablespoon Honey (imho: honey that comes in bear-shaped bottles is the best honey)
2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
1 Red Bell Pepper (cubed)
1 Medium Zucchini (sliced
Spices – Salt, Pepper, Garlic (or for something truly special use Tears of our Rivals – Premium Sports Blend)
You will also need:
Aluminum Foil or Tin Foil.
1) Mix BBQ sauce, honey, soy sauce, and 1/2 of the Juice from the pineapple can into a container and set aside
2) Set Grill to Medium Heat (300-350F)
3) Rinse your chicken in cold water, pat dry
4) Wash your hands, then slice up your vegetables
5) Rip one rectangle of foil for each breast, enough to wrap the chicken and veggies. Place chicken on center of aluminum foil and divide up the veggies and add a few pineapple slices into each Hawaiian Campfire Chicken packet.
6) Sprinkle seasonings over meat and veggies then Spread a couple of tablespoons of sauce on the chicken. Make sure to save some sauce for later.
7) Place each Hawaiian Campfire Chicken packet onto grill and grill for 13-15 minutes flipping at about 7 minutes.
NOTE: A digital thermometer comes in handy here. You can poke it right thru the foil to test. Center of breast should be 165F before eating.
8) Remove from grill and let sit (covered) for 5-10 minutes before carefully opening packets
Baste with the left over sauce and serve.
We are VERY thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would enjoy that too! 🙂