This is a simple recipe that you can use tailgating and don’t take long to cook because the meatballs are already cooked. Make them up the night before the game and place in the fridge until you are ready to go. The kabobs are really tasty balls of beef wrapped with bacon but don’t cook over direct heat because if the bacon lights up, it would be Goodness, Gracious, GRATE Balls of Fire!
Get it? I said grate... ’cause they are cooked on a “grill grate”…. and… and they would be on fire? get it?
Allllllllrighty then… moving on.
I’m sure you will enjoy this D.I.Y grilling game-day recipe. These meatball kabobs have fantastic taste and do have some heat so make sure you keep a frosty beverage in close proximity for emergency cooling.
1 Bag Cooked Frozen Meatballs (thawed)
1 Pound Bacon (Regular or Thick Cut)
1/2 Yellow Onion
Franks Red Hot Sauce
1) In a container, Mix spices evenly. Roll each meatball covering them in spices
2) Slice onion into approximate 1 inch pieces (like in photo below)
3) Wrap bacon around each ball of meat. (1/2 to 1/3 piece of bacon per meatball) use skewer to hold bacon in place
4) Place onions between each meatball and repeat process (4-5 meatballs per skewer)
TIP: if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about an hour before use to help prevent them from catching fire on the grill
TIP 2: Coat grill grates with cooking oil to prevent kabobs from sticking
5) Place kabobs (or is it kebabs ? well… however you like to spell it) on the grill over medium heat.
6) Cook for 15-20 minutes (until bacon is done to your liking) Flip as needed to prevent burning
7) 1-2 minutes before finished, coat kebabs with Franks Red Hot Sauce and finish over high heat.
8) Remove from grill and let cool a minute or two before serving.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…