Asian Glazed & Grilled Fruit KabobsMay 8, 2017
Asian Glazed & Grilled Fruit Kabobs
It is true that I post a lot (and by “a lot“, I mean “A LOT“) of different ways to make different kinds of meat on TailgateMaster.com, but once in a while I like to freak people the heck out and post a recipe without any meat in it.
(pause while the crowd gasps loudly!!)
Ok… Welcome back! Glad to see you have regained consciousness!
Mixing fruit and veggies with no meat might sound a little crazy… but these grilled fruit & sweet pepper appraisers served on skewers make for handy (and one-handed) game day treats that will satisfy your sweet-tooth as well as your grill-tooth. Yeah… I don’t know where I was really going with that sentience either.
Let’s just cut to the recipe.
1/2 bottle of Asian Dressing (I like the Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame, but use your favorite)
2 Tablespoons of Kikkoman’s Soy Sauce (linky)
2 Tablespoons Honey (NOTE: the best honey is found locally and in bear shaped bottles)
1 Sweet Red Pepper
1 Sweet Yellow or Orange Pepper
1/2 can Pineapple chunks
1-2 Sliced Apples (Granny Smith, Galas &/or Pink Lady are really good here)
1) Combine Asian Dressing, Soy Sauce and Honey together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside to use for basting
2) Slice peppers (*and optionally, some apples) into 1 inch pieces
3) Combine, fruits and peppers onto your skewers as you see fit
TIP: if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about an hour before use to help prevent them from catching fire on the grill
4) Place kabobs on the grill over medium heat then baste on the glaze sauce mixture
5) Repeat the glazing several times while cooking. Flip kabobs as needed.
6) Cook for 15-20 minutes and remove from grill
7) Let cool a minute or two before serving.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…