You may have had tangy wings….
You may have had hot wings….
You may have had sweet wings….
but if you have not tried these Hot Hawaiian Bacon Wings, you are seriously missing out! They neatly balance spicy heat, pineapple sweet, and are kissed with fresh cooked bacon.
I really think these chicken wings are very close to perfect and the best part is that it is easy to do!
This blend of pineapple flavored bbq is very good and even better when you tweak it with the right balance of with spices.
1) Grill Your Bacon: (click here for a step by step guide on grilling your bacon)
2) Allow to cool on paper towels, then crumble and set aside.
1) Put BBQ Sauce and “1st & TEN PEPPER” in mixing container Approx. 1/2 bottle sauce to 1 Tablespoon hot pepper spices (feel free to tweak this ratio to your liking)
2) Mix together then add the cooked bacon and mix again.
1) Season your wings with your favorite seasonings (we recommend Tears of our Rivals) and then place chicken wings on foil and grill over indirect heat (350F) until nice and crispy. About 15-20 minutes.
2) Wings are done when you see them forming little bubbles underneath the skin (flip once at the half way point)
4) Remove wings from heat with tongs and place on paper towels for a minute or two to cool
Alternate Deep Fryer Method:
1) Pour cooking oil (i like to use canola oil) into cast iron pan (1/2 full) and place over direct heat on your grill and then bring the oil temp up to 350 F.
2) Place wings in cooking oil and let cook for 7-10 minutes.
3) Flip with tongs and cook an additional 7-10 minutes — Internal temp should be 165 F (USDA Safe Minimum)
4) Remove wings from heat with tongs and place on paper towels to get rid of the excess oil and allow to rest for a minute or two
Top with bbq sauce, sprinkle with additional bacon, and serve (Alternately you can use the sauce as a dip)
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…