Grilled Steak Fajitas
This also works really well if you have leftover steak. Cut thin and cook for a shorter amount of time. Great Recipe and easy on game day!
Ready in: 20m - Cooking time: 20m - Waiting time: 20m
For 4 people ()
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 pound(s) sirlion steak (thinly sliced)
- 1 tomato
- 0.1 cup(s) guacamole
- 0.25 cup(s) sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas (8 to 10 inches)
- 0.25 cup(s) fajita seasoning
- 0.5 cup(s) mexican 4 cheese blend
Grilled Steak Fajitas Directions
- In a big skillet, heat (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil and saute 1 chopped onion and green pepper into thin strips until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil; Sear 1 pound thinly sliced steak (or brown 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken cut into thin strips).
- Add Fajita Seasoning mix and .25 cups of water; blend well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Return vegetables to skillet to heat; add 1 tomato cut into thin wedges.
- To assemble Fajitas: Use fresh, warm flour tortillas (8 to 10 inches). Place 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla. Add cheese. Serve with fresh salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Leave a commentPlease register to leave a comment
Your comments on this recipe (1)
Super great recipe to use up leftover steak... new york strip thinly sliced works great. just reduce heating time. Thanks for sharing this. GO SIOUX HOCKEY!!!