Pake’s Tater TotsOctober 2, 2014
And so boys and girls, the question we have today is…
“If you have at your disposal a pound of tater tots, a pound of bacon, a mess of brown sugar, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper flakes, should you cut each bacon strip in 4 pieces, wrap a tot in bacon, cover with spices and grill em?”
The answer of course is… “YES, Yes You Should!”
1 Pound Frozen Tater Tots
1 Pound Bacon
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Ounce Smoked Paprika
1 Ounce Cayenne Pepper Flakes
1) Mix Sugar, Paprika, and Cayenne in a bowl
2) Cut bacon strips in 1/4 pieces and wrap each tot.
3) Roll the Bacon-Tot (love the sound of that) in the brown sugar mixture until covered well.
4) Preheat Grill to 425
5) Place a sheet of aluminum foil on your grill grate. (do not cover entire grate, Make sure to leave at least a 1 inch gap at the edges to allow heat to circulate easily).
(or optional wire grate like in the photo)
6) Put those Bacon-Tots on the foil and grill over indirect heat for about 20 minutes – do not turn.
7) Remove from heat and place on paper towels – Let cool for 1 minute then serve with toothpicks or skewers.