Pecan Wood Smoked Bacon Wrapped MeatloafJanuary 4, 2014
Looking for something different to do with your smoker? Try this kick-butt comfort food. Your tummy will be so Happy it will apply to be one of the seven dwarfs.
(For 6 people)
2 pounds Lean Ground Beef
1 pound Ground Pork
1 pound Thin Sliced Bacon
1 cup Celery (Chopped)
1/4 cup Sweet Onion (Chopped)
1 cup Ritz Crackers (Crushed)
1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)*
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 teaspoons Steak Seasoning (Famous Dave’s)*
1/2 cup Ketchup
2 pinches Parsley
2 Medium Eggs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1) In a large mixing bowl combine meat and spices then hand mix until well blended
2) Add chopped onions, chopped celery, crushed crackers, eggs, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard, then hand mix
3) Form mixture into a loaf
4) Make a bacon weave and cover loaf
5) Place bacon wrapped loaf in a non stick pan (aluminum cake pans work great)
6) Load smoker with Pecan Wood and cook at 300 for 2.5 hours.
7) Remove from smoker, spread ketchup over top of loaf and sprinkle with parsley.
8) Let rest for 10 min. then cut into slices and serve.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…