Making roast beef in the smoker is something that you will want to try as some point. We love firing up our smoker before football games, but you may wish make this up before game day so you can warm the meat in the crock pot later for some of the best football sammies (that’s slang for sandwiches ) that your football friends have ever had. 🙂
If you want to be able to make fantastic smoked roast beef (like most thick cuts of meat) you will want to smoke it low and slow for the best results. This recipe is the simplest method we have worked out, with the least amount of prep time…. so just follow our simple step-by-step D.I.Y. recipe and you will be enjoying delicious slabs of juicy roast beef before today is over. 🙂
Here we go…. Enjoy!
2-3 lb Chuck Roast
1 Tablespoon Salt (kosher)
1 Tablespoon Pepper (coarse)
and/or Your other favorite Seasonings (we happen to love these)
Hickory & Cherry Wood (50/50 mix)
Total prep time: About 60 minutes
Total time in smoker: 5-6 hours
1) Rinse beef with cold water
2) mix salt and pepper together with your favorite seasonings and cover all sides of the roast. Don’t be shy with the spices! We want a nice THICK layer of seasonings for our beef. Allow the seasonings to sit on the meat at room temp for at least 60 minutes before placing in your smoker
3) place beef roast on rack with the “fat side” up
4) smoke on 220F for 2-3 hours (make sure your pan has water, and don’t forget to load your wood)
5) quickly remove beef from smoker with tongs and completely wrap with tinfoil then return to smoker
6) smoke for an additional 2-3 hours depending on the thickness of your roast. You want the internal temperature to reach 145F. A digital meat thermometer comes in very handy here.
7) Remove from smoker (keep wrapped) and allow to rest for 30 minutes prior to carving. (DON’T SKIP THIS STEP) This allows the tasty juices to redistribute though the meat.
We are soooooo thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would enjoy that too…