These full flavored kabobs are great and we love the sauce that is used to baste the wonderful combination of sausage, shrimp, bacon wrapped mushrooms, pineapple and vegetables.
1 can pineapple chucks (or fresh cut pineapple) save the juice for the basting sauce
8 bacon strips
16 large mushrooms
16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (remove tails)
16 cherry tomatoes
Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
1 large green pepper (and/or red/orange/yellow peppers) cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
1/3 Cup Corn Syrup
1/4 Cup Ketchup
3 Tablespoons Kikkomans Soy Sauce (linky)*
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/2 Teaspoon maple Extract
1/2 Teaspoon 1st&Ten Pepper premium sports spice (linky) or for less heat you can use regular black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 Teaspoon dried coriander
1) In a big bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, syrup, ketchup, soy sauce, lime juice, maple extract, spices and pineapple juice. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving.
Making the kabobs:
1) Soak wooden skewers in water for 1 hour before making kabobs.
3) Cut bacon strips in half then wrap each half around mushroom.
4) Stab all those ingredients with your skewers and assemble kabobs as you see fit and set aside for the grill.
5) Grill your kabobs, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and shrimp turn a nice pink color. (turn and baste with sauce occasionally).
6) Remove from heat and serve with reserved sauce.
7) Send a photo of your awesome grilling creation to photos@TailgateMaster.com … hey maybe we will feature it or send you something cool for sharing… you never know 🙂
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…