What could be better than breakfast pork sausage wrapped in bacon? How about adding a third layer of piggy goodness? Yep! You guessed it. We are adding a pork loin the wrap. That’s pig… wrapped with pig… wrapped with pig!
You may have seen a bacon wrapped stuffed sausage fatty… sometimes called a bacon explosion. They truly are a wonderful medley of meat. This recipe adds another layer of pork that your smoker will appreciate… and your guests will too! I like to call it the Triple Pig Fatty.
PIG #1: Pork Loin
PIG #2: Pork Breakfast Sausage
PIG #3: Thick Sliced Bacon
Your Favorite Pork Rub & Other Spices
STUFFING OPTIONS: Jalapeño peppers, Onions, Green Peppers, Cheese
WOOD: Sugar Maple & Pecan
Here’s how we do it:
1) Chop up your Veggies and set aside
2) Slice into your pork loin from the top down the long way but don’t cut all of the way through. You want the end result to be about 1/4 inch thick. Sometimes this technique is known as butterflying or butterfly filleting.
3) Next add a layer of pork sausage about 1/4 inch thick. covering the entire pork loin.
4) Season entire layer with your favorite pork spices. Here is also where you add your optional ingredients! Covering this layer with chopped veggies and/or cheese.
5) Starting at the end closest to you, carefully roll the fatty onto itself (Man… it is tough to not make a drug joke right here.)
6) Now make your bacon weave
7) Lay the fatty at one end of the bacon weave and again roll it up. Sometimes making the bacon weave on top of butcher paper will help with the rolling process. I forgot to do that part. DOH!
8) Sprinkle another layer of spices across this entire masterpiece
9) Stand back and marvel at your piggy creation.
10) Fire up the smoker with a 50/50 combo of Sugar Maple and Pecan Wood (trust me) this gives a great flavor combo.
11) Smoke at 220 F for about 4-5 hours.
12) Make sure internal temp reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from smoker and let rest for 10 Minutes.
13) Carve that fatty into 1 inch thick slices and serve.
14) Please share this free recipe with others
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…