Angus Bacon Steak BurgersApril 4, 2012
You can add quite a bit of flexibility to your grilling options by getting a cast iron and/or aluminum skillet for your grill. I mean… you don’t want to lose any bacon into the coals, do you??
You can “make” a skillet with aluminum foil… but be careful not to puncture it with your tongs ’cause grease burns pretty darn good. (Don’t ask how I know this… um… just trust me.)
(For 2 people)
1/4 Whole Onion
1 pinch Seasoned Salt
1 pound Black Angus Ground Beef
4 Strips Bacon (Thick)
2 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
2 Burger Buns
- Add Seasoned Salt to ground beef and form into 1/2 pound patties.
- Place skillet or grilling pan onto grill and preheat to approx. 400 degrees.
- Slice onion into rings and set aside.
- Lower heat to 350 and place burgers directly on grill, cooking 15-20 minutes flipping half way through.
- When burgers have 10 min. left, add thick bacon to skillet then have an adult beverage and wait 5 min.
- Flip bacon slices then add sliced onion to skillet (preferably in bacon grease).
- When burgers have one minute left to cook add sliced cheese directly on top of burgers and allow to melt.
Assemble and enjoy!