As Seen on Perham FocusJanuary 5, 2019
Thanks for letting us know Admiral BigGun was spotted once again. This time on the front page of the Perham Focus Newspaper which was promoting the upcoming Special Olympics Polar Plunge on Otter Tail Lake, in Otter Tail County, Minnesota.
On Feb. 1, 2020 the Law Enforcement for Special Olympics of Minnesota is bringing the polar plunge for the first year to Otter Tail. Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office is partnering in the event to raise money for Special Olympics. People are encouraged to form teams with friends and co-workers to raise funds for this organization. Fundraising is required to participate in the plunge, with the minimum at $75. The goal is to raise $40,000 at OTC on Ice.
Below are examples of where your donation goes:
- $60: Provides an eye examination and a pair of glasses for two Special Olympics Minnesota athletes.
- $100: Sends a Unified Pair to ALPs University Special Olympics Minnesota’s athlete leadership program.
- $250: Implements an entire Respect Campaign into a school/business/organization.
- $500: Provides funding to start a brand-new Special Olympics Minnesota Delegation.
- $1,250: Sends a Special Olympics Minnesota athlete to Special Olympics USA Games.
The plunge begins at noon Feb. 1. Check-in for the plunge is from 10 a.m. to noon. Use the Otter Tail Lake Public Boat Landing off state Highway 78. To register visit plungemn.org/events/otter-tail/.