Bacon Wrapped Potato SkewersDecember 18, 2016
Bacon Wrapped Potato Skewers
Nothing says good tailgating food like something on a stick wrapped with bacon. Tailgaters love one-handed food ’cause that leaves the other hand free for frosty beverages. 😉
Bacon Wrapped Potato Skewers are very easy to prep and can be done in your smoker or on your grill over indirect heat.
Thick Cut Bacon
Spices (like this yummy one… 😉 yeah… we are a bit biased)
BBQ Sauce (Optional)
Wooden Toothpicks (Optional)
- Slice potatoes into wedges (the long thin way). one potato should make four wedges
- insert skewers into potatoes (depending on length, you may wish to only half a skewer for each)
- coat with olive oil, heavily season wedges, then wrap with bacon (use toothpicks to hold in place if necessary)
- place in smoker (top rack) and smoke for 3 hrs at 225F
- OR on your grill over indirect heat approx 1.5 hrs (away from the coals or lit burners)
- continue cooking until bacon looks done, serve warm
- Optionally cover with BBQ sauces just prior to removing from heat… OR use a dipping sauce such as cheese, barbecue sauce or even sour cream.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…