Bacon Wrapped Turkey CanoesNovember 23, 2020
Turkey Canoes Recipe
Start with a big fat Turkey Tenderloin, stuff it with cheese and (of course) wrap that baby in bacon. Your smoker will love you for making fun and delicious turkey canoes recipe!
2 Turkey Tenderloins cut down the center (but not all the way through)
1/4 pound Thick Sliced Bacon
2 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
1 ounce 12 Pepper Blend Spice
1 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Wood for smoker:
1/2 mix of Hickory & Cherry Wood
1) In a large bowl Mix breading ingredients together.
2) In a separate bowl, mix egg (without shell) to create egg wash
3) Cover Sliced Turkey Tenderloin with egg wash then cover with breading .much like you would for doing fish (or any other breading for that matter)
4) Place cheese into long slit that you made in the tenderloin (see photo below) Then wrap with bacon to hold it together.
5) Sprinkle 12 Pepper Spice over top
6) to prevent sticking, cover smoker grates with non stick cooking spray, (Extra Virgin Olive Oil with a paper towel works well too).
7) Place in smoker at 220 degrees for 3-4 hours.
We are VERY thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would enjoy that too! 🙂
first posted: Mar 15, 2015