Beer -n- Bacon Wrapped Chicken DrumsticksOctober 24, 2014
Bacon wrapped chicken will always be a favorite among football tailgaters everywhere, but introduce a good quality beer and it adds a whole ‘nother level of greatness that I encourage you to try.
Start this recipe the day before your tailgate for best results. Make sure you sample the beer for quality. 😉 Oh… you did that already? Well then let’s continue.
10-12 Chicken Drumsticks
1 Pound Thick Sliced Bacon
2 Cups Beer (RECOMMEND: Sam Adams Octoberfest)
2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
1/2 Cup Parsley, Chopped
1/2 Cup EVOO (extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
1/4 Cup Onion, Chopped
1) Mix together salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, cumin, onions, parsley, pepper and EVOO into a gallon freezer bag.
2) Close bag and shake well to mix.
3) Add Chicken Drumsticks to the bag and pour beer over the top.
4) Seal and refrigerate for 12-24 hours. (turning a couple times during this process will help the flavors into the chicken we encourage that.)
5) Make sure to oil the grill with cooking spray or other oil to reduce sticking.
6) Preheat the grill to about 350º F.
7) Wrap each drumstick with one piece of bacon
8) Place chicken onto the grill and cook, turning as needed to cook all sides.
Make sure internal temperature registers 165 F when checked with a thermometer.
Let rest 3-4 minutes before serving.