Beer N Bacon Whole Smoked ChickenJune 16, 2012
This is my very own twist on smoked Drunken Chicken and even better than beer can chicken. This is a recipe for super slow smoking an entire chicken, wrapping it in bacon, and injecting it with a special Beer n Butter sauce. Time depends on size of foul but should be done in approx 4-6 hours.
(For 6 people)
4 pound Whole Chicken
2 ounces Beer Butter Injection
1/2 pound Bacon
1/2 Box Stove Top Stuffing
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 tablespoon Oregano
1. Rinse Whole chicken with water and set aside to rest
2. Make one batch of Beer N Butter Poultry Sauce
3. Inject chicken with approx 1/2 of the warm beer and butter sauce
4. Use the other half of the Poultry Sauce to mix up the Stove Top Stuffing
5. Spoon stuffing into the open end of whole chicken.
6. Use a skewer to hold cavity shut or optionally tie legs together to keep soaked stuffing inside bird.
7. Completely coat entire outside of bird with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
8. Lightly sprinkle oregano leaves over top.
9. Wrap top of bird (breast side up) with bacon. Use skewers to hold bacon in place.
10. Load your smoker with hickory wood.
11. Fill water container with filtered or bottled water.
12. Place chicken on lowest rack and cook at 225 degrees.
13. Smoke until the temperature at the center of the chicken breast reaches about 165 degrees. Total time in smokers should be close to 1 hour per pound.
14. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
We are VERY thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would enjoy that too! 🙂