Bone-In Pork Loin Rack RoastMarch 15, 2016
Like most thick cuts of meat, you will want to smoke this pork low and slow for the best results. I used a mixture of spices and brown sugar for the rub. Follow this simple recipe and you will be enjoying delicious slabs of juicy roast beef before the day is over.
You will need:
2-3 lb Bone-In Pork Roast
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Rib Rub
Total prep time: About 60 Minutes
Total time in smoker: 5-6 Hours
1) Mix brown sugar together with your favorite pork Rib Rub (50/50 mix) and rub all sides of the roast. Don’t be shy with the spices! We want a nice THICK layer of seasonings for our piggie. Allow the seasonings to sit on the meat at room temp for at least 60 minutes before placing in your smoker
2) Load your smoker pan with water, and don’t forget to load your wood
3) Place roast directly on rack with the “fat side” up
4) Smoke at 200F for 2-3 hours
5) Remove meat from smoker with tongs and completely wrap with tinfoil then return to smoker
6) Smoke for an additional 2-3 hours depending on the thickness of your roast. You want the internal temperature to reach 145F. A digital meat thermometer comes in very handy here.
7) Remove from smoker (keep wrapped) and allow to rest for 20 minutes prior to carving. This allows the juices to redistribute though the meat.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…