Crown WingsSeptember 18, 2014
Nothing says football like great wings and these drumsticks are hard to beat as they’ve been “crowned” with an incredible sauce made from Crown Royal Canadian whisky. Grab one and cheer hard to help your team become kings of the gridiron!
(For 4 people)
1 cup Crown Royal Canadian Whisky®
1 cup Honey, SueBee®
1 cup Soy Sauce, Kikkoman®
2 tablespoons Thai Chili Sauce
3/4 ounce Stir-fry Seasoning, Sun Bird®
2 teaspoons Crushed Garlic, Gourmet Garden®
4 pounds Chicken Wing Drumettes
3 Scallions (green onions), finely chopped (optional)
1/4 cup Chopped Peanuts, Planters®
- In a large bowl, combine whisky, honey, soy sauce, chili sauce, stir-fry seasoning, and garlic.
- Add drumettes, tossing to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- Let drumettes stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place on hot, oiled grill. Cook for 12 to 18 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to a platter. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and peanuts (optional).