“Grilled” French FriesMarch 31, 2015
Anyone can do burgers on the grill… but have you ever done fries?
Grab your cast iron skillet and place it on your tailgating grill… or if you don’t have that, an aluminum pie tin works great!
Many of us don’t have a deep fryer when we are tailgating but that doesn’t mean we cant have some yummy deep fried french fries. Make sure you have some cooking oil and take a look at this recipe for an easy way to add your own tasty fries to go with your meat.
Be sure to bring the appropriate tool (like a long handled skimmer or a nice pair of tongs) so you can remove the fried potatoes from the oil.
(For 4 people)
1 pound Frozen French Fries
2 cups Canola Oil
1 dash Seasoned Salt
- Add cooking oil to your pan or deep iron skillet (no more that half full)
- Bring your grill up to 400 degrees.
- Add fries to oil but don’t over fill.
- Fry 5-7 minutes to desired crispness.
- Scoop out and drain on paper towels. Top with seasoned salt and serve hot.