Fries on the GrillApril 22, 2012
If you don’t have a deep frier you are NOT out of luck. You can cook up your own tasty fries to go with your meal by using a cast iron skillet or deep aluminum pan.
Make sure to pack the appropriate tool (like a long handled skimmer) so you can remove the fried potatoes from the oil.
(For 4 people)
1 pound Frozen French Fried Potatoes
2 cups Canola Oil
1 dash Seasoned Salt
- Add cooking oil to your pan or deep iron skillet (no more that half full) and set on grill.
- Fire up your grill and bring it up to 500 degrees.
- Add fries to oil but don’t over fill. Half full is plenty. You may have to do several batches depending on how big your iron skillet is.
- Fry 3-4 minutes to desired crispness.
- Scoop out and drain on paper towels. Top with salt and serve hot.