Grilling Fried ChickenAugust 21, 2015
How to make fried chicken with your grill: This is an easy fried chicken recipe. Don’t have a deep fryer? Not to worry… your grill can be your deep fryer. All you need is a foil pan or better yet, a cast iron pot.
4 Chicken Quarters (I love the dark meat)
1 1/2 Cups of Your Favorite Breading Mix
What… you don’t have a favorite? Then try this Breading Mix:
1 1/2 Cups Flower
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1) Mix the flower, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl.
2) Break eggs into a second bowl (discard shells) and mix to use for a wash.
3) Pat raw (unfrozen) chicken dry with paper towels.
4) Pour Oil into cast iron pan (1/2 full) and place over direct heat on your grill and then bring the oil temp up to 350 F.
5) Dip chicken pieces in egg wash, then roll in breading coating the chicken completely.
6) When oil has reached correct temperature, place coated chicken in oil “pretty” side down.
7) Let cook for 7-10 minutes. Dark meat takes a little longer to cook.
8) Flip with tongs and cook an additional 7-10 minutes (pretty side up)
9) Check for to see if the chicken is done by piercing the meat with a fork or knife; the juices should run clear… or better yet check the thickest part of the bird with a thermometer. Internal temp should be 165 F (USDA Safe Minimum).
Remove from oil and place on paper towels for a couple minutes to rest before serving.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…