Homemade Hash BrownsApril 6, 2012
So I woke up this morning CRAVING hash browns… but I didn’t have any store bought ones so decided to make them myself. The result was fantastic, so I had to share.
Tip: Using two spatulas helps a lot when making this… at least it did for me.
(For 1 people)
2 Small Potatoes
1 cup Sweat Onion
1/2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
1 dash Celery Salt
- Slice potatoes the long way and thin as you can then cut each slice again like you are making super thin fries…you know so they look like (AHEM) hash browns. I don’t peal mine first ’cause that’s a pain. Then place in large bowl.
- Finely chop onion and add to hash browns.
- Poor a cap full of cooking oil on hash brown then toss as to get oil on every potato. (note: i said cap not cup)
- Add seasoning and toss again.
- Preheat grill to 500.
- Add the rest of the oil to the griddle so that coats the entire surface with a very thin layer.
- Add hash browns to griddle and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Press flat with grilling spatula.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes flipping over once at the half way point.