Honey Root Beer WingsFebruary 16, 2016
Outrageously great tailgating BBQ wings don’t need to take three days to get ready. I always prefer cooking from scratch using my grill or smoker on the day of the tailgate, but if you are pinched for time, your slow cooker can make you a hero.
This is a pretty good recipe if you have some frozen oven roasted chicken wings in the freezer. Just fire up the crock pot and grab the root beer.
(Makes 12 Wings)
Frozen Cooked Chicken Wings
2 Tablespoons Honey
1/2 Bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce (linky)*
1/2 Can Barq’s Root Beer (linky)*
1) Put frozen wings in crock pot
2) Pour in root beer
3) Add Honey and BBQ Sauce.
3) Cover Crock Pot and set on HIGH for two hours.
Wait, What? You Don’t have a Slow Cooker? You really should get a couple… makes game day at home much easier. 🙂
ALTERNATE GRILLING METHOD:
1) Mix 1/2 can Root Beer and 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce along with the Honey in large bowl.
2) Pre-Heat Grill to 450 degrees.
3) Cover 75% of grill with aluminum foil and place wings on foil.
4) Grill over indirect heat for 15 minutes.
5) Let rest for two minutes then serve with Root Beer/BBQ dip as sauce.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…