Jucy Lucy – Stuffed American Bacon Cheese BurgersMay 26, 2016
The Jucy Lucy (also known as the Juicy Lucy or Stuffed American Burger) is a Minnesota invention.
The technique is pretty easy, and the result turns out a bit different than your standard cheese burger. Instead of topping your burger with cheese, you are actually stuffing cheese inside the beef patty which results in the cheese melting inside the burger as it cooks. This has the wonderfully yummy result of making the meat near the center of the burger very juicy.
I add bacon to the inside of mine… be cause of course i do. 😉 Here’s the recipe:
(Makes Six Huge Burgers)
3 pounds Ground Beef
1/2 Cup crushed Crackers
1 Cup cooked and crumbled Bacon
1 Tablespoon of your favorite beef spices (I love using Tears of our Rivals*) but you can use a combo of Salt/Pepper and/or Seasoned Salt
1) Place the meat in a large bowl and add the egg, crackers and spices. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
2) Split into twelve 1/4 pound patties (you can make them any size you want of course, but i like to make them big)
3) Use your fingers to make an indentation in the center of each patty then fill that area with cheese
4) Now add your bacon, and then even more american cheese over the top.
5) Place a second patty over the top and press the edges together forming one big stuffed burger
6) Make sure to spray your grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray before placing burgers
7) Preheat grill to approx. 500 degrees then Lower heat to 350 and place burgers directly on grill, cooking 15-20 minutes flipping half way through.
IMPORTANT TIP: Let your burgers rest for a few minutes before eating… this allows the juices to redistribute for maximum flavor awesomeness.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…