Oven Fried Pickles with Homemade Ranch DipFebruary 18, 2019
Tailgating at home? Try these Oven Fried Pickles!
Ingredients (Oven-Fried Pickles)
• One 24 oz Jar Dill Pickle Spears
• 2 Large Eggs
• ½ Cup of Flour (All-Purpose)
• ¼ Cup Plain Breadcrumbs
• ½ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
• 1 Tbsp Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
• ½ Cup Stone Ground Cornmeal
• ½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
• ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
Ingredients (Ranch Dip)
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Baby Dill
• ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt
• ¼ Cup Milk
• ½ Cup Mayonnaise
• ¼ Cup Buttermilk
• 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
• ¼ Tsp of Onion Powder & ¼ Tsp of Garlic Powder
• White Pepper & Salt to taste
1. Start by combining all the ingredients of Ranch Dip in a food blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Place it in the refrigerator until you need it.
2. Preheat the oven at 450°F and prepare a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
3. Get the jarred pickles, place them on a paper towel and pan completely dry.
4. Take three shallow bowls and add the flour in one, the whisked eggs in the second and the panko, cornmeal, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese & cayenne pepper to the third. Toss the ingredients until they are evenly distributed.
5. Now, get the pickles and each of them dredges in flour, then coat in whisked eggs and finally transfer to the breadcrumbs mixture. Make sure each pickle is evenly coated and place them in the baking sheet.
6. Place the pickles in the oven for about 25-30 Minutes, rotating them halfway through. They may take a bit more or less. Just make sure they are crispy when removing from the oven.
7. Serve them out of the oven with the homemade dill ranch dip.
Thank you to our friend Kendrick Kotter from Furious Grill for sharing this awesome recipe with us!
We are soooooo thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
Oh… and as long as you are here, you might also enjoy the following related topics:
Beef Recipes | Tailgating Checklist | Smoker Recipes | More Tailgating Tips
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would enjoy that too…