Peach Wood Smoked HamDecember 25, 2014
Ham and the Holidays go together like Bacon and Eggs….or bacon and darn near anything, for that matter. Your smoker is one of the most wonderful tools for taking a holiday ham to the next level. Oh sure, you could use a crock pot or even (gasp) an oven… but once you’ve tried it on the smoker, you’ll never want to do one any other way.
10 Pound Big Honking Ham Shank
2 Tablespoons KC Butt Spice (linky) *
1 Can Sliced Pineapple
1) Thaw ham and allow it to reach room temp
2) Cover all sides of ham with spices… lightly pat
3) Add wood to smoker
4) Place ham in smoker … fat side up (to allow the juices to flow around and into the ham) top with several slices of pineapple
4) Smoke at 225% for 2 hours then remove from smoker
5) Pour a couple of ounces of the pineapple juice over top, then then wrap entire ham in aluminum foil and return to smoker
6) Smoke for an additional two hours – Internal Temp should reach 145 degrees F
Remove from smoker and allow to rest about 25-30 minutes before carving.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…