Review: ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 ThermometerApril 17, 2022
RATING: ChefsTemp X10
ACCURATE AND QUICK
TAILGATING AT STADIUM
TAILGATING AT HOME
PRICE VS COOLNESS FACTOR
VOLUME OF BACON
BEERS CONSUMED WHILE TESTING
Worth The $
Extremely quick and accurate. Easy to use. We would definitely recommend.
It’s time for another product review… and this is a really useful one.
We always say “cook to temp, not time”, but how can you do that if you don’t have the right tools for the job? You don’t want to overcook your food and you certainly don’t want to undercook and make someone sick. THAT would seriously ruin your tailgating experience.
ChefsTemp sent us a sample X10 Thermocouple Thermometer for us to look at. We were Not paid for this review. There are No affiliate links here, just our raw opinion.
Let’s Take A Look…
One of the first things we noticed with the X10 right out of the box was the simple and sleek design. No complex controls… heck there is only one button. I fumbled around for a bit looking for an “on/off” button, but there isn’t one. It automagically turns on when you move/open the probe. Handy.
The single button it does have is for “hold”. This locks the reading at the current number. Pressing the button again releases the hold. You don’t have to worry about a complex tool with multiple buttons to choose from. This is as simple as it gets.
The HUGE Display
The display is quite large and I could see the numbers clearly without my glasses… which is a feature I appreciate now that my eyes are getting.. um… “more mature”. The screen is actually back lit and has a built in light sensor so it is extremely easy to view in low light conditions as well as bright sunlight.
This is not a common feature, and I find it quite welcome.
Another neat thing is that it doesn’t really matter which way you hold the thermometer (probe on right vs left) as the screen auto rotates. Awkward angles when probing inside your grill is not an issue with this baby, as the handle rotates a full 270 degrees. Left-handers of the world…rejoice! 🙂
Moving the device, or repositioning the probe will wake it right back up again.
The device comes with 2 pre-installed triple-A (AAA) batteries.
We noticed that the device goes into “sleep mode” after a couple of minutes if you are not actively using it, which should be a FAN-tastic battery saving feature.
Rated by the manufacturer for 3000 hours of battery life – which is much longer than any others that we have seen.
The battery compartment also hides two additional buttons…
The CAL button is for re-calibrating the thermometer. The other is for switching between Fahrenheit and Celsius. Ours came already set on Fahrenheit.
We couldn’t help but notice how quickly the display reflected what the probe was sensing. This is clearly one of the fastest thermometers we have ever seen. I didn’t pull out a stop-watch, but it consistently showed the results in less than 2 seconds from the probe coming in contact with something new. Very nice to have this work so quickly, especially when working over a hot grill.
I accidently discovered that there is a magnet built in, when I set it down next to one of our grills. It also has a nice wide opening if you wish to hang it on a hook when not in use.
It is also rated as IP67 waterproof down which means it will probably easily survive when i eventually spill barbeque sauce on it.
The included booklet has some recommended cooking temperatures charts for common grill fair as well as troubleshooting and some other handy notes.
Highlights from the Manufacturer
- Red Dot Award Product Design: Finaltouch X10 is the Winner of Red Dot Product Design in 2022.
- World’s Fastest and Super Accurate: 1 second reading time and ±0.7F accuracy. Superior technology makes the Finaltouch X10 the fastest thermometer in the world…head and shoulders above the rest.
- 270 Degrees Rotation Probe: perfect for left-handed cooks and for reaching awkward angles.
- Big Sharp Display: Large screen with huge digits makes viewing temperatures easy from any angle. Perfect for cooking in the day and night.
- Auto-rotating Display: Built-in motion sensors can detect if the device is upside down and rotate the display accordingly, a simple solution for awkward angles and left-handers.
- Motion-activated Wake-up Mode: Pick up your Finaltouch X10 and it will turn on instantly, set it down to activate the battery-saving sleep mode.
- Intelligent Backlight: The backlit motion-sensing display sleeps and wakes automatically and is bright enough for the dimmest conditions.
- IP67 Waterproof: It has an IP67 waterproof rating, meaning it can withstand up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
- Long Battery Life: 3000 hours of battery life or about 3-5 years using time. You do not need to worry about the battery power.
- Magnetic Backing: You can stick the Finaltouch X10 cooking thermometer to any metal surface.
- NSF Certified: Finaltouch is rigorously tested and meets the highest standards for public health protection. NSF certified by the National Sanitation Foundation.
What We Really Liked
- Clean design & extremely simple to operate
- Ultra fast display times
- HUGE easy to read display
What We Didn’t Like So Much:
- No alternate color options (favorite team colors)
- A bit pricy
This baby really is the cat’s meow when compared to every other “instant read thermometer” that we have ever used. It is extremely, fast, actuate and easy to use… and that right there is enough to make it a winner in my book. The huge display that works in dark early tailgating mornings as well as bright afternoon sunlight makes this the tool something pretty special. The other features are purely bonuses.
I wish it came in my favorite team color, but it you can’t have everything. 😉
Overall, this is a very nice/simple design and works very well. At the time of this review (April 2022) the current prices are high… but worth it, if you are looking for a very fast and accurate thermometer.
5 Thumbs up! (Our Highest Ranking)
Manufacturer website: https://www.chefstemp.com/*
This specific tool is located at this link: https://www.chefstemp.com/product/finaltouchx10-meat-thermometer/*
We are soooooo thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
Oh… and as long as you are here, you might also enjoy the following topics:
Product Reviews | Wings! | Smoker Recipes | More Tailgating Tips
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would certainly enjoy that too.