Review: Denali’s Luxury NFL BlanketsSeptember 9, 2021
RATING: Denali's Luxury NFL Blankets
TAILGATING AT STADIUM
TAILGATING AT HOME
PRICE VS COOL FACTOR
VOLUME OF BACON
BEERS CONSUMED WHILE TESTING
Warm Gift Idea
Great for use at the stadium AND at home.
Tailgating season is here again and it’s time for another review.
This time we are checking out something everyone could use while watching the game at the park or even at home. We got up close and personal with one of the Luxurey NFL blankets from Denali.
Denali sent us a sample blanket for us to look at. We were Not paid for this review. There are No affiliate links here, just our raw opinion.
The blanket is actually two blankets that are sewn together, making it twice as thick as you might have guessed. The “front” side has the design with team logo that you see on the website. The “back” side is a solid color. The stitching holding it together looks very professional. It reminds me a bit of how a baseball is sewn together.
When we first took it out of the packaging we noticed it was not as soft and fluffy as some of the fleece blankets that we own… then we saw the directions… “wash before first use.” Yeah… I was SHOCKED as you are now! I couldn’t believe i took the time to read the directions either. Phfft… I hope they don’t take away my man card! Well, hopefully nobody saw me read those.
I can trust you not to tell, right?
Anywho… I popped the blanket into the wash, once I remembered where we kept that machine. (It was right next to the dryer… who knew?) Then, after recieving some s-l-o-w-l-y worded instructions from Mrs. BigGun, I was able to set the machine on “delicate” and fired it up. Fast forward to pulling it out of the dryer and…
WOAH… that made a HUGE difference!
Snuggly soft fabric that was pleasant to touch. Very sturdy when comparing to those cheap fleece blankets you see all over. I can tell this would actually protect you from much of the sharp autumn winds that are so prevalent during football season. Instantaneously, this became my new favorite blanket.
Size of the Blanket: 60 inches x 72 inches or if it helps you visualize it better = 5ft x 6ft. That’s equivalent to 152cm x 183cm for those of you in countries that call “soccer” football.
Plenty big enough to cover my belly even after the meal at Thanksgiving. If you eat more than me… that’s okay… they have a 7 foot one as well.
In 2016 I attended an outdoor NFL playoff game in Minnesota. It was minus 6 degrees Fahrenheit. I WISH i would have had this extra layer of warmth protecting my “backside” from the drafty stadium seats that day. For the record, I will take a cozy warm butt, over frigid, every day of the week… and twice on Sundays! 🙂
Highlights from the Manufacturer
- Ultimate Comfort: Our super-soft Microplush fabric is like wrapping yourself with a cloud.
- Survives Washing: They’re made to withstand heavy laundering and get softer with every wash.
- Made in the USA: American craftsmanship and 100 percent imported acrylic are combined to make every blanket.
- True Colors Won’t Bleed: Our colors are dyed onto the fabric itself and look as good after years of use as they did on day one.
- Regulates Temperature: Innovative fiber technology is designed to regulate temperature, keeping you comfortable in any season.
- Two Blankets in One: Our blankets are actually two blankets hand-sewn together for luxury you can feel and durability on which you can depend.
- Drapability: Lightweight fibers and flexible filament-knit backing provide unbeatable softness and drape.
- Lifetime Warranty: If you’re not completely satisfied with our blanket, simply return it within 60 days of purchase for a complete refund or replacement. We will also replace any Denali blanket purchased after 2017 that’s damaged beyond repair by normal wear and tear for as long as you own it.
Are all these things true?
From what we have been able to verify… Yes! Yes they are.
What We Really Liked
- Clean design
- Sturdy without being heavy
- Very soft and comfy (Wash before 1st use)
- Made in ‘Merica!
- Pretty cool as a gift
What We Didn’t Like So Much:
- They also have rival teams
- Can’t get matching seat covers (hint hint)
Personally, I love the simple, yet nifty designs. My fleece blankets will get left at home from now on… this Denali blanket will be much superior out in the elements. Very study and stops the wind. I was also surprised to find out that this thing actually get softer with each wash, and the fabric doesn’t pill or shed… unlike the neighbor’s dog. At the time of this review, the price appears to be a little high when compaired to your average blanket… but then again… this seems like a much higher quality than the average blanket. I haven’t spilled any beer on it yet, but i’m pretty confident the rich, sharp colors will hold up fine after multiple washings… and if it doesn’t, it has a ridiculously good warranty. Can you remember the last time a blanket even came with a warranty?
4+ Thumbs up!
Manufacturer website: denalihome.com/collections/nfl-blankets/ *
We are soooooo thankful you stopped by Tailgate Master to check out our always free tailgating tips & tricks! We are very humbled and proud have the best tailgaters and super-fans on the interwebtubez who are constantly stopping in and sharing wisdom. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. We share stuff we like… ’cause we have tried it aaaaaand we liked it. 🙂 If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others (Seriously… we really appreciate it and it encourages us to do even more). We have included some handy social media buttons to make it easy for you…. isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer… well… we would certainly enjoy that too.