Steak Fajitas on the GrillOctober 14, 2016
Steak Fajitas on the Grill
One of the great things about tailgating is that your menu can include practically anything and you certainly don’t have to limit yourself to burgers & brats on the grill (granted… i really DO LOVE burgers & brats) but I also enjoy to switch things up. The following is a recipe for Steak Fajitas on the Grill but you can certainly substitute chicken, or badger meat but i would not recommend the later… mostly because it they are very hard to catch… mostly.
For the Meat: (makes 4 burgers)
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (or boneless chicken breasts) cut into thin strips
1 Tablespoon EVOO (olive oil)
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Clove Garlic (minced)
1/2 Teaspoon Hot pepper flakes
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Teaspoon salt
For the Veggies:
1 Tablespoons EVOO (olive oil)
1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
1 medium green pepper cut into thin strips
1 medium yellow pepper cut into thin strips
1 medium red pepper cut into thin strips
1 Tablespoon Tears of our Rivals Premium Sports Blend (Linky)
8 flour (or corn) tortillas
1) Pre-Heat Grill to 375F
2) in a bowl mix together 1 Tablespoon oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt. Add your beef and set aside.
3) in a second bowl, take your onions and peppers, add 1 Tablespoon oil plus Tears of our Rivals seasoning. Mix it up, so it covers your veggies.
4) place tortillas in foil and place over indirect heat (5-10 minutes)
5) place skillet over high heat and add your meat and (i use a grilling skillet see picture below) grill for 4-5 minutes turning often with spatula.
6) Add your onions and peppers to the skillet and grill everything for an additional 3-5 minutes. Continue to turn often to cook evenly.
7) Assemble your fajitas with the ingredients of your choice. Enjoy!
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…