Sweet Chicken On A StickMarch 31, 2012
One of the things that can be pretty important at a tailgate is to serve “one-handed” food… cause you prob. have an adult beverage in the other. But that doesn’t mean you have to stay with burgers or hotdogs… grill softly… then put it on a big stick!
(For 2 people )
1 chicken breast
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 wooden skewer
1 cup brown sugar
1 dash sweet onion pepper seasoning
2 floz Sweet and Zesty BBQ Sauce
NOTE: Handle raw chicken with caution!
- Rinse filets in cold water and dry lightly with paper paper towel. While you have the water out, soak 2 wooden skewers per filet in water for 5-10 min.
- Cut each breast into two pieces so you have two long and narrow strips.
- Insert skewer halfway into each piece like in the picture.
- Completely coat each “chicken on a stick” with EVOO and season generously with sweet onion pepper and brown sugar.
- Make sure to “grease” your grill with non-flammable cooking oil or cooking spray to prevent your chicken from sticking.
- Place skewers on grill with the “stick” end toward the coolest part of your grill (I leave one burner off when doing these).
- Grill on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes turning about every five minutes.
- Coat with BBQ sauce in the last 5-10 minutes of grill time. Allow to cool a bit before serving.