Tangy Smoked Baby Back RibsDecember 2, 2015
Start your ribs by using this unusual wet marinade that is available at most grocery stores. As far as ease of creation goes, this one is 5 stars.
3 Pounds Baby Back Pork Ribs
2 Ounces Spice Rub
1/2 Bottle Wishbone Western * Sweet & Smooth Dressing
Sugar Maple Wood (for the smoker)
Total time in smoker: 3 hours
1) Start off by making sure that you remove the membrane from the baby back ribs… or save a step and go to the good butcher shop where they do this for you. Don’t skip this step, as it allows your spices direct access to the meat and your marinade to soak in sooooo much easier.
2) Place ribs in a gallon zip lock style bag and pour in the marinade (Western Dressing). Press out as much as the air as possible, seal, and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours prior to grilling.
3) Remove meat from marinade and evenly sprinkle the dry rub on both sides of the rib slab.
4) IMPORTANT: Allow meat to warm to room temperature for at least 30-45 minutes prior to placing in the smoker.
5) Smoke at 220 F for 2 hours.
6) Remove meat from smoker, wrap with foil, and return to smoker for 1 additional hour.
7) Remove from grill and allow to rest (in the foil) for at least 30 minutes.
*NOTE: TailgateMaster.com DOES NOT receive any sort of payment-for-clicks for referring you to products that we review. If you find this information useful, please consider sharing our site with others. We have even included some handy social media buttons (below) to make it easy. Isn’t that swell of us?
OH, and if you feel like buying us a beer…